Thank you for being part of the Healthcare Businesswomen's Association’s community. To ensure the best possible experience for all, we ask for your assistance in staying within our guidelines for participation. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines.
This online community will serve as our file storage system, discussion community and activity discussion center. We encourage you to participate in our community to solicit sage advice from fellow HBA members, benefit from their experience, and participate in conversations.
Committees will use this system to replace email communications and for storing shared files.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member care department.
Please help this community flourish by:
- Keeping discussions relevant to the HBA and our mission.
Refrain from posting commercial messages (products, services, non-HBA events) on any discussion list.
Job openings should not be posted here. Please post them in our Career Center.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- Respect the work of others by using links to outside published information and not copying it here. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion group tips
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject. Please change the subject line if your reply has a different emphasis than the original subject line.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
This site is provided as a service for the members of Healthcare Businesswomen's Association. Healthcare Businesswomen's Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Healthcare Businesswomen's Association or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Healthcare Businesswomen's Association be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Healthcare Businesswomen's Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Healthcare Businesswomen's Association actively monitors the site for inappropriate postings. Healthcare Businesswomen's Association reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With whom do we share the personal information we collect through this site
Our service provider.
We may share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and legal disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the risks whenever you use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us.