This form is dedicated to the HBA global board of directors and the nominating committee. Please do not use this form for other global, regional and chapter level openings; nominations for these will take place later in the summer.
**You need to be signed in to the HBA website to access the application form.**
If you’re signed in:
You will see an Apply Today!
teal button just above “Description”.
If you’re not signed in: First sign in via the teal “Login to see members only content” button at the top right of your screen. Then return to the communication and click on the link again and you will now see the Apply Today! teal button.
We consider a broad range of attributes when reviewing the nominations to maintain a strong, diverse and strategic senior executive-level board capable of steering the association through challenges and opportunities facing the HBA in the coming year. In light of the recent and significant happenings in our industry and world, we will prioritize our efforts to fill our open roles with people who are comfortable working with high degrees of ambiguity, are appreciative of the importance that racial equity plays to ensure all women in our industry advance equitably, and to help us advance our racial and geographic diversity.
The following are important attributes the Nominating Committee look for - Please note that you do not need to meet every criterion to be considered.
- Transformational leader
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Previous board experience
- Strong healthcare industry network
- Global experience and cultural awareness
- Passionate about the gender diversity, inclusion and belonging topic
- Proven commitment to the HBA (e.g. membership, volunteering, speaking roles, corporate support)
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Highly accountable to drive result-oriented outcomes
The roles listed below are for the HBA global board of directors and the nominating committee. These roles are not for other global, regional and chapter level openings. For more information about each role, please click here
. If you have questions, please contact us
• Secretary/Treasurer Directors:
• Directors at large (DAL) - three (3) positions*
• Council of Chapter Presidents (CCP) representative** Standing committee of the Board:
• Nominating committee - two (2) positions *Two-year term: 1 Jan. 2021 - 31 Dec. 2022 **Candidate must have served as a chapter president
These elected roles are reserved for HBA members. Non-members can apply, but if selected to fill an open role, membership will be required at that time. If you'd like to learn more on how to become an HBA member, please visit our website.
July 20, 2020
As a volunteer leader, you may at times handle sensitive information. Prior to applying for this role, we ask that you please review the HBA volunteer acknowledgment policy. By submitting an application for this opportunity you agree to be bound by this policy.