HBA's programming committee members are those who create the member experience within their local geography. The programming committee is responsible has three sub-committees:
To apply, sign in via the blue login button at the top right of your screen. Once logged in, please click on "Apply Today!" to complete your application to be considered for the role. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and may be appointed before the application deadline.This role is reserved for HBA members. Non-members can apply, but if selected to fill an open role, membership will be required at that time. If you'd like to learn more on how to become an HBA member, please visit our website.
Finds and secures speakers, panelists, etc as needed for event calendar. Works with them to ensure content aligns with expectations
Works with regional team to leverage speaker repository and HBA network
Works with corporate relations COE to engage corporate partner speaker pipeline
- Event logistics
- Follows HBA standard practices and processes for event planning and implementation including:
- Familiarity with Marketing processes for event form and email marketing
- Speaker agreements, other HBA forms, tools and resources
- Manages cross functional team for event planning and execution
- With Volunteering to secure event planning and execution team volunteers.
- With Marketing team to prepare event promotion pieces and drive attendance.
- With Board on event agenda, agree ‘discounts’, speaker gifts, awards, etc.
- With other Event committee members on onsite logistics/needs, materials, reconciliation
- Sponsor/venue liaison
Locates local venues as needed for networking and dine around events
Works with corp relations COE to secure for larger venues, sponsorships
Functions as conduit into the chapter for corporate partner programming needs, opportunities
Liaises with venue/sponsor company during the event planning process on logistics, alignment and satisfaction
As a volunteer leader, you may at times handle sensitive information. Prior to applying for this role, we ask that you please review the HBA volunteer acknowledgement policy. By submitting an application for this opportunity you agree to be bound by this policy.